Ciao!
I play classical, forties standards, some jazz, some boogie, and so on. Please be aware of the following: I do not sing. I used to sing, but a frog got into my throat and never left. However, once in awhile, I get carried away, when I'm so into the music and forgetting that I don't sing anymore, start singing along. No one has said anything so far. Either they are deaf or don't mind.
Not everyone can say this...but I can. It's not that I'm bragging, but I am!! In the spring of 2008 I was playing classical music professionally at a grand piano in a Clearwater, Florida hotel. Much to my surprise and delight, Chick Corea, the grammy winning jazz composer, came running up to me, and embracing my waist with his famous hands said: "You're smokin', you're really smokin'"! He just about lifted me off the piano bench. Mario Feininger, a well known European classical concert pianist recently told me that I played from "knowingness." When I was younger I was a folk singer with acoustic guitar, and I took lessons from Jerry Garcia of the "Grateful Dead" an "instant" before he became famous.

Please mail me at jerrye.albert@rocketmail.com to engage me for your event. I am located in Clearwater, Florida close to Tampa.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

It has been a long time since I last viewed my blog.  For many years I played piano gigs, but now, as the piano has become too heavy to cart around (just kidding around) I have switched back from piano to guitar and voice.  I love folk music and decided it was time to sing my heart out, with old standards such as Kumbaya and Worried Man's Blues, and etc.  I did sing folk music for some years awaaaay back when...and was even asked for  "my autograph, Miss Baez," at the city of  Palo Alto, California U.N. Day celebration one year.  Quite a compliment, isn't it!    One of these days I will record and upload some of my songs on facebook.  Am currently living in Clearwater, FL but am planning to return to California, with a stop in Austin, Texas cause I want to "feel" the esprit of Austin, en route to California.  Perhaps I'll even write a song about it!  Love you all.  Jerrye Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment