Ciao!
I play classical, forties standards, some jazz, some boogie, and so on. Please be aware of the following: I do not sing. I used to sing, but a frog got into my throat and never left. However, once in awhile, I get carried away, when I'm so into the music and forgetting that I don't sing anymore, start singing along. No one has said anything so far. Either they are deaf or don't mind.
Not everyone can say this...but I can. It's not that I'm bragging, but I am!! In the spring of 2008 I was playing classical music professionally at a grand piano in a Clearwater, Florida hotel. Much to my surprise and delight, Chick Corea, the grammy winning jazz composer, came running up to me, and embracing my waist with his famous hands said: "You're smokin', you're really smokin'"! He just about lifted me off the piano bench. Mario Feininger, a well known European classical concert pianist recently told me that I played from "knowingness." When I was younger I was a folk singer with acoustic guitar, and I took lessons from Jerry Garcia of the "Grateful Dead" an "instant" before he became famous.

Please mail me at jerrye.albert@rocketmail.com to engage me for your event. I am located in Clearwater, Florida close to Tampa.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Today is Saturday...hot dawg!  Met a lovely woman from Trinidad originally, now from L.A.....Patricia.  She had always wanted to learn to play piano but was never able to do so.  I spent about 3-4 hours with her and wow!  Was able to show her how this is a create.  She got it! She's now very happy about this and we ended up at Sam Ash Clearwater so I could show her which keyboard to buy when she gets back to L.A.  She fully intends to do this now, and I'm so happy for her.  We broke thru all of her self invalidation, etc., and wow!  She also has a pretty singing voice.  You go, girl, if you're reading this Patricia! 

Also ... I've nearly got "Take Five" mastered...just smoothing it out now.  What a winning endeavor this is turning out to be.  Thank you to all of you who have emailed me regarding this.  Best, Jerrye
P.S. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment